Take our 10 minute free online hearing test. With this Noosa Hearing online screener, it only takes a few minutes to find out how well you’re hearing.
Regularly checking your hearing quality is an important step in maintaining your overall health and wellness.
Sometimes we don’t notice hearing loss until it starts to impact our lifestyle. Struggling to hear work colleagues, friends or family, or missing out on a sound, can mean missing out on the full story.
1 in 6 Australians experience hearing loss. Many don’t realize they have a hearing loss. Now it’s easy to check.
While there’s no replacement for a consultation with an Audiologist, the Noosa Hearing free online hearing test can provide quick and useful feedback about your hearing.
If you would like to take a hearing test at our hearing clinic instead, please book a hearing test today. We also offer a free hearing screening in clinic or a comprehensive hearing assessment including a report to your GP. The Noosa Hearing free online hearing test does not replace a visit to your Audiologist and it does not constitute a medical diagnosis.
How to get the most out of the free online hearing test
- Make sure you are in a quiet area before you start the hearing test
- Use Headphones instead of built-in speakers and set your device volume to 50%
How the free online hearing test works
- The first part of the test determines how well you can hear at different frequency (pitch) levels. You will hear a number of tones at different pitches and are asked to adjust the volume until you can only just hear the tone. This is done for each ear individually.
- In the second part of the test, we will ask you a few questions about your ability to hear in challenging listening situations.
- After that, you will be presented with your hearing test result and guidance on what to do next if you encounter signs of hearing loss.
- After you complete the test we will ask for your email in order to email you the results.
I have a hearing loss, what comes next?
1. Comprehensive hearing test
Your journey starts with a visit to your audiologist for a comprehensive diagnostic hearing test. You speak about your hearing, how it has changed, what challenges you are facing and we listen.
After you’ve shared your experiences, we test your hearing. A hearing test is as easy as sitting down and listening. Once complete, we take those results, pair them with your challenges and make recommendations about what is best for you. This will include a lot more than the free online hearing test.
2. YOU decide
We layout our findings and give recommendations based on what you’ve told us. Ultimately, YOU get to make the decisions about what option fits best for your life. Things like your family, work and social life are all things you should consider before deciding to ensure the solution you select is right for all aspects of your life.